Sunday, May 16, 2010

Know how to change a tire?

So, this is kind of a picture of my day.
Originally, I was rolling away from my house and instantly heard the thunkathunkathunk that told me something was wrong. Stopped my car where it was, and saw that the tire was flat. When I rolled the car back to the curb (a distance of maybe seven feet), I found what you see--the tire had actually come off the wheel.

I'll call somebody tomorrow, and it'll all eventually work out fine. But in that moment, my brain did the dramatic thing it always does, and I thought, This is pretty much like your life right now. 


Shut up, brain, I said. Stop being dramatic. 


It's true, though, the brain said. Things are sort of flat, and they're slipping.


Grr, I said.

And it's not like it's life or death, I mean, you'll be okay--fine, even. But it's not exactly good. 

As a result, I am in a bit of a pity party today. And really looking forward to something good happening soon, whenever soon is. 

3 comments:

  1. Hoping your life fills up soon. We all have these down times. Fortunately they pass ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Heather. Hopefully, by the time you have your tire fixed tomorrow, the brain will be singing your praises about how gracefully and efficiently you handle life's little bumps in the road.

    Kathy
    http://outandemployed.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know how you feel. I've been through those times both when things feel like they are both flat and slipping and when I feel like everyone around me should be partying at my pity bash. Not fun. I hope things get better for you very soon.

    ReplyDelete