Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Unfashionably late

So, as usual, I am hopping onto a train long after everyone else has boarded, and half the travelers have disembarked. But the idea of starting a proper blog gripped me the other night, somewhere around 2 a.m., and it has been dancing around the back of my brain ever since.

On one hand, there's no reason for me to start a blog. My life is in a place of utter uncertainty right now. I am broke, I don't have a job, don't have a significant other to wax lyrical about, and am living in a house with several other women who I barely know. This may not be grounds for the most captivating of stories.

On the other hand, there's nothing keeping me from starting a blog, either. Eventually, yes, a job will be found, I will not be quite as broke, and I may even bond with my housemates and discover some amazing man worth rambling giddily about. And those things may change the nature of my time and my availability. But I figure that leaves me with two options. I can wait for those things all to happen, for my life to finally fall into place, or I can write about them as they happen, choosing to see the day-to-day as my current adventure rather than my present misfortune.

I might even hide this--I tend to claim to want to write and claim to be full of things to say, but when push comes to shove, I hide my work away. More often than not, I run away from the work itself.

So maybe this is an attempt to stop running. That might be too lofty... the truth may be that job hunting is demoralizing and exhausting and I would like something that makes me look busy instead. Both things are probably true.

I don't know who will read this other than me, but that's not important yet. Still, if you did read it, hi and welcome. I can't promise what kind of adventure this will be. I can only promise that it will be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment